Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) at SSWL
The role of careers lead was created to embed the Gatsby benchmarks. The school works with many external companies to set real life projects and act as mentors for students.The 21st century curriculum is designed to develop the skills required for success in the future.
Our vision is to deliver an authentic education for the 21st century for children from the age of 14 -18. Theaim of the curriculum is to ensure all students are inspired with a passion for learning and achieve highlevels of academic success in a broad range subjects whilst at the same time equipping them with theknowledge and skills required to play an active and successful role in today’s highly competitive and fast-changing world.
In order to meet our statutory requirements with CEIAG we use the Gatsby Benchmarks to guide our policy and practice.The eight benchmarks are;
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
- What we do: Key Stage 4/5
- Students will regularly attend careers fair
- Students will work on assignments set by partners from various industires
- Students are able to access specialist advice on the aviation sector from the aviation skills partnership
- Students are able to access specialist advice on the space sector from the National Space Centre
- Students will interact with local employers by taking part in speed networking events
- Students will attend industry based presentations
- Students who have an interest in different areas are able to access specialist webinars
- Students attend businesses to get a taste of the workplace environment
- Students are provided access to be able to apply for work experience through S4SNextGen
- Students are provided one to one careers guidance (UCAS, apprenticeships and work placements
- Grofar will be used to collate useful progression information (activities, competences and interactions).